Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Florida Tour: Day +6

So, today is the last day :(

I woke up around 5 freaking A.M. to the sound of rain, rain, and more rain. The only nice thing was that it was warm, I was basically out of my sleeping bag by the time I woke up due to being warm.

After I finally got out of the tent I realized the rain wasn't too bad at all, more of a light drizzle. Soon, everyone else was up and operating. Packing up wasn't bad, but everything was wet. I think we all shared the same happiness that we were going home with wet gear instead of having to set up a wet camp again later that night.

We made quick work of the 30 miles back to Wakulla Springs State Park and the car was still there!

After a quick loading of the car, strapping suitcases to the roof, and loading all the bikes on we ran inside for a quick change of clothes and hit the road for what would be our 16 hour trip back home to Missouri. With a quick stop outside of Nashville at Waffle House it was a direct trip home, I'd say we were all glad to be sleeping in our own beds!
Today (of course the rainy day) is the only day we had flats, well Joey had both of them. We ended up finding a few fish hooks stuck in our tires. Joey got one flat after the first few miles and another when we were about a mile away from the car. The second flat we ignored since we were so close to the car. . .

No comments: